How to Fix Spotify Video Not Working » Dextrava.com
Spotify has become a popular streaming platform for music lovers around the world. In recent years, the platform has expanded its services to include video content as well. However, many users have experienced issues with the video function, such as videos not playing or freezing. In this article, we will discuss how to fix Spotify video not working issues.
Spotify has been one of the most popular music streaming services in the world for over a decade. In recent years, the platform has evolved and expanded to include not just music but also podcasts and videos. Yes, you read that right- videos.
What is Spotify Video?
Spotify video is a relatively new feature of the platform that was launched in 2016. It is a feature that allows users to watch videos on the app alongside their favourite music and podcasts. Initially, Spotify video was only available on certain playlists and channels, but it has since expanded to include a wide range of content, from music videos to original programming.
How Does Spotify Video Work?
Spotify video works in a similar way to other video streaming services like YouTube or Netflix. Users can search for videos on the app, or they can browse through curated playlists and channels. Once they find a video they want to watch, they can click on it to start playing. Videos can be played in both portrait and landscape modes, depending on the user’s preference.
One unique aspect of Spotify video is that it allows users to continue listening to music or podcasts while they watch videos. This means that users can seamlessly switch between different types of content without interrupting their listening experience.
What Types of Videos are Available on Spotify?
Spotify video offers a wide range of video content, including:
- Music videos: These are the official music videos that accompany popular songs. They are available for a wide range of artists and genres.
- Original programming: Spotify has produced its own video content, including documentaries, music videos, and interviews. Some of the most popular original programs include “Landmark” and “RapCaviar” series.
- Podcast videos: Some of the most popular podcasts on Spotify, including “The Joe Rogan Experience” and “Crime Junkie,” have video versions available on the app.
- User-generated content: Spotify also allows users to upload their own videos, which can be shared with other users.
Why Does Spotify Video Matter?
At first glance, adding video to a music streaming service might seem like an unnecessary feature. However, there are several reasons why Spotify video matters.
- More options for users: By adding video content to the app, Spotify is giving users more options to choose from. This makes the app more versatile and appealing to a wider range of users.
- Increased engagement: Video content is known to be more engaging than other forms of content. By offering video, Spotify is increasing the amount of time users spend on the app and the likelihood that they will continue to use it.
- Unique content: Spotify’s original programming is unique and not available on other streaming services. This gives users a reason to choose Spotify over its competitors.
- Improved revenue: By offering video content, Spotify is opening up new revenue streams. For example, the company can sell advertising space in between videos or charge for access to premium content.
How to Fix Spotify Video Not Working
Check your internet connection
The first step to fixing any issue with streaming content is to check your internet connection. Slow internet speed can cause videos to buffer, freeze or not play at all. Make sure your internet connection is strong and stable. You can do this by running a speed test online or contacting your internet service provider.
It’s important to ensure that you have the latest version of Spotify installed on your device. Sometimes, older versions of the app can cause issues with video playback. Check for updates by going to the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and searching for Spotify. If an update is available, download and install it.
Clear cache and data
Clearing your cache and data can help to fix any issues with the app. To do this, go to your device’s settings and find the Spotify app. Tap on it and select ‘Storage’. From there, you can clear the cache and data.
Restart your device
Restarting your device can help to fix any issues with the app or your internet connection. Turn off your device and then turn it back on again. Once it’s back on, open the Spotify app and try playing a video.
Check your device’s storage
If your device is running low on storage space, it can cause issues with video playback. Make sure you have enough space on your device to store the video. If you don’t, consider deleting some files or apps to free up space.
If you’re using a VPN, it may be causing issues with video playback. Try disabling your VPN and then playing the video again.
Disable battery saver mode
Battery saver mode can limit the performance of your device, which can cause issues with video playback. Try disabling battery saver mode and then playing the video again.
Try a different network
If you’re still experiencing issues with video playback, try connecting to a different network. This could be a different Wi-Fi network or your mobile data. If the video plays without issues on a different network, then the issue is with your original network.
Contact Spotify support
If none of the above solutions works, you can contact Spotify support for further assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide a solution to the Spotify video not working issue.
Spotify video is an exciting and relatively new feature of the popular music streaming service. By offering a wide range of video content, including music videos, original programming, and user-generated content, Spotify is giving users more options and increasing engagement on the app. However, there are several ways to fix issues with Spotify video not working.
Check your internet connection, update the app, clear cache and data, restart your device, check your device’s storage, disable VPN and battery saver mode, try a different network, or contact Spotify support. By following these steps, you should be able to resolve any issues with video playback on Spotify.