7 Tips to Rev Up Your Instagram Marketing Strategies in 2022
Instagram has swiftly become everyone’s favorite social platform because of its capacity to create influencers, galleries for the user’s favorite posts, introduce stories, reels, shopping carts, and many other features.
As a result, an Instagram marketing strategy has become an integral part of a brand’s marketing strategy. You must’ve come across an increasing number of brands experimenting with gifs, memes, video marketing, reels, creative carousels and so on.
How to Develop an Instagram Marketing Strategy?
When planning your Instagram marketing strategy for 2022, there are numerous factors to consider. It’s not like Instagram didn’t already have various types of Instagram marketing tools like stories, IGTV and Instagram Live before Reels was announced.
90% of Instagram’s 1 billion active users are following a business on Instagram. It’s only logical that your business would have a presence on the platform with those numbers.
That said, there are numerous methods to use Instagram to market your business.
Instagram Marketing Strategies to Make Your Brand Shine on Instagram in 2022
#1. The Rise of Reels
Instagram reels, the platform’s newest feature, should be of particular interest to advertisers among the types of Instagram marketing.
A quick rundown: Instagram reels allow users to make and publish short video clips, ranging from three seconds to one minute, synced to music or other sounds. It’s comparable to TikTok’s short-video technique for viral success. Brands such as Netflix and Apply have already adopted reels to improve their Instagram presence.
Reels can help marketers improve audience engagement, increase brand exposure, and can even make your brand go viral on the platform itself.
Exploring Instagram reels trends has become important because:
- Creators that use IG Reels and its tools and features have been rewarded with top-of-the-discovery-page visibility.
- Instagram reels are a great way to capitalize on new interest and show how your product works using innovative video tactics.
- It is a great method to reach closer to your target audience personally. Giving your audience a behind-the-scenes look is a great approach to help them feel more connected to your brand.
- You can keep your audience engaged for weeks on end with recurring content like podcasts, YouTube videos, and Instagram TV series, to name a few. Instagram reels can be used to preview new content and get your followers excited.
#2. Shopping made Easy
Instagram’s shopping feature is now being used by both large and small businesses alike as one of the types of Instagram marketing strategy. More businesses will be able to use the tool once it is made available in more countries by the platform.
Just since 70% of buyers already use Instagram as a source of inspiration, it only follows that Instagram is making it even easier for users to shop without having to leave the platform.
Instagram in-app shopping is how the future of e-commerce looks because:
- Customers can tap on the product tags to get more information. Your feed, stories, reels and life can all feature up to five goods from your catalog that you’ve chosen.
- Instagram carousel photos are a great way to make your feed more shoppable. Similar to a standard carousel post, the images can hold up to 20 products that have been tagged.
- As a result of their enormous sway in the market, Instagram influencers can significantly boost sales for your e-commerce store. The future of Instagram influencer marketing seems promising with such high demand.
- Want to advertise user-generated content? Ask customers to share photos of your products when they’re using them. User-generated content adds more credibility to your brand.
#3. Going Live Brings your Marketing to Life
Companies quickly realize that Instagram Live is one of the best creative Instagram marketing ideas and suggest a new way to sell their products and services. As long as your audience perceives that they benefit from your broadcast, they are more tolerant of your mistakes than you might think.
Instagram Live is a powerful tool for attracting new users, fostering conversation and even promoting your products.
Instagram Live, however, does not allow for retakes, so planning is key.
- Instagram Live is one of the most participatory video platforms on Instagram since it allows viewers to post comments and queries in real-time.
- When the prospective users check what’s trending on Instagram this week, you are more likely to get viewership.
- To keep your live broadcast on your Instagram page, you can post it to IGTV. As a result, anyone who missed it can return to watch it at any time within the 24-hour window.
- When you’re on Instagram Live, you will be visible to all your Instagram followers who open their app when your broadcast is live.
#4. Instagram Video – the Never-Dying Marketing Tool
In the same way that a picture is equivalent to a thousand words in written form, a video can convey even more information as one of the most creative Instagram marketing trends in 2022. Video is a powerful medium for showcasing your brand’s personality and the stories behind it.
Instagram trends for 2022 have brought about a new video format, Instagram Video, a combination of IGTV and feed videos. For these videos, creators can add filters, location, captions, or tags just like they would for images.
- Select a good cover photo: The cover photo chosen to represent your video will be the first thing a user sees when browsing through their feed. It has the potential to impact whether or not they view the video
- Involve captions: One of the reasons we enjoy seeing videos with captions in our feed is because it enables us to watch videos even without sound in certain social situations. It grabs people’s attention faster and conveys your message even without music.
#5. The Power of User-Generated Content
Original, brand-specific content developed by customers and distributed on social media or other channels is known as user-generated content (also known as UGC or consumer-generated content). Images, videos, reviews, a testimonial, or even a podcast are all examples of user-generated content and creative Instagram marketing ideas.
Companies should use consumer-sourced Instagram marketing content since:
- A large majority of consumers believe authenticity to be a critical component when picking which brands to support.
- Geotags, also known as location tags, are pinned geo-coordinates displaying your information on a map. When Instagrammers share content, they employ location tags, and you should include them in your social media posts.
- Simply ask a question and urge your followers to share and tag you in a post. People, after all, appreciate being the center of attention and feeling exceptional.
- Are you collecting feedback? Put them to good use! Share them in the post’s copy or, for extra impact, make an image or video.
#6. Authentic Content is Always Valuable
Authenticity may be an overused marketing cliché, but it’s one of the most successful methods to develop real relationships with your online audience.
Whether you have 500 or 500,000 followers, staying true to your brand will resonate with your audience and help you expand. Instagram marketing tools will help you boost engagement.
Authenticity requires honesty to use our language accurately. Your target demographic can smell deception or a brand trying to cash in on a trend a mile away. To analyze the performance of your brand’s social media marketing strategy, you can export Instagram analytics or use Hootsuite alternatives to collect the data in a centralized location and evaluate what’s working and what needs to be tweaked.
#7. Instagram Story Ads
Ads in Instagram Stories can reach a massive audience of over 500 million people per day. Businesses account for a third of the most popular Stories, and 60 percent of users report finding new products as a result of their use of the site. This showcases the effect of Instagram story trends 2022.
With those kinds of figures, it’s tempting to throw up a random Stories Ad and wait for the clicks to pour in. However, given the amount of ad content already on the app, converting ad views into sales can be difficult for brands. Creating the most popular content on Instagram has become a little tricky. Hence, you must choose a goal for your project.
What are you hoping to achieve with your advertising campaign? Reach, brand exposure, traffic, engagement, app installs, video views, lead generation and conversions are all achievable goals for Instagram Story ads.
Marketers who haven’t taken advantage of Instagram business marketing miss out on a huge opportunity. Whether you are a small business, startup, or even a large corporation, tap into Instagram and make it a part of your digital marketing strategy.
With more than 800 million users on Instagram, this platform needs to be a part of your social media strategy arsenal.